Thanksgiving

This image cracks me up a little.  I mean seriously...does your plate look like this on Thanksgiving day?  Not mine.  Mine is one big cheesy, carby, casseroley mish-mash looking situation.  This is way too pretty and I can guarantee you that a cute leaf cut-out is not on top of my potatoes.  That's where gravy resides. 
Here are some images that conjure up thoughts of turkey day for me...
A beautifully set table.
Hello, my little gold-rimmed gravy boats.
On a side note, I was just listening to a report about how cranberries are even better for us than previously thought.  I wish I could find really great ways to incorporate fresh cranberries (not dried) into more (savory, not sweet) meals, not just at Thanksgiving time.  If you have any to share, please pass them my way; I'd be so thankful. 

Now here is my absolute favorite image from Martha Stewart Living circa 1998 (scanned from my MS magazine archives).  Reminds me of running around the Upper West Side the evening before the parade, watching the balloons being blown up, which is as much fun as watching it the next day.
I'm off to Stella's school today for their Thanksgiving feast.  This year, I'm especially thankful that she is a part of this precious school...I'm thankful for the songs she learns there and sings at home in operatic fashion, for the artwork she creates daily...
I'm just beyond thankful to have another day with this little person (picture from last Thanksgiving day)...
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
xoxo