Papel Picado

I got married in Los Cabos, Mexico so our wedding party upon our return was Mexican inspired.  The only thing that was missing was something I love...papel picado.  It's a traditional folk art from Mexico that involves cutting out intricate designs on tissue paper, which is then strung up like a banner.  Artisans used to take years to learn the laborious process of cutting out the images with a scissor, one that is now expedited by using a machine.  You can even get them customized to read the perfect message for any event. 
Want to learn how to make papel picado yourself?  
Bows and Arrows has classes here in Dallas.  

UPDATE:  My NYC BFF just sent me this picture she took while  
in Puerto Vallarta (that so reminds me of the Love Boat).
Thanks, Nancy!


{First image via Wed Share, Last image via Serena and Lily}