Award

The sweet Meagan of Mo Pie, Please wrote about me on her blog last week, awarding me a Stylish Blogger Award (thank you again, Meagan!).  I've often thought of how there are bloggers who have tons of followers and how there is no way they could feel a connection to the majority of their readers, which to me is such an important aspect of having a blog.  It may be silly for me to think I have a connection to y'all but I do and I'm thankful because you brighten my day!  Meagan definitely brightens my day and I love that part of this award is to share a little about yourself...7 random facts that you would not otherwise know.  So here it goes...

1  I really envision myself living in a New England coastal town where I ride my bike (with a basket) to a little shop/restaurant that I own and my husband is a lobsterman.  I think I love the movie The Love Letter with Kate Capshaw for this reason.  Speaking of lobsters, my husband and I have a tradition of having a lobster dinner at home every Valentine's Day.
2  I have a HUGE fear of flying, require Xanax, cry, pray, the whole 9 yards.  I'm worse than Kyle on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and yet can proudly say I've flown to Japan by myself.

3  I talk about things I love on here, so here are some things I don't care for...French manicures, indoor house plants (with very few exceptions), the color purple (but I'm slooooooowly coming around on this), over-the-top Southern accents, and Oprah.  

4  I buy things for dinner parties that I never have (china, crystal, etc.).  I vow to change that this coming year! 
5  In high school, I was a major "bow head"...
and the tradition lives on in Stella...
6  I've lived in the following states:  Texas, Connecticut, Louisiana, and New York.  Growing up, weekends were spent in Pass Christian, MS and summers in the FL panhandle.  Here are some images from the area in Louisiana that I grew up in (Mandeville/Covington)...
7  I'm addicted to TV, watch all kinds of shows but I do have one dirty little secret (two if you count Young & The Restless - can't believe I'm admitting that).  In the summer, I'm absolutely obsessed with Big Brother, which is so time consuming because it not only comes on 3 times a week but they also air 3 hours worth of live coverage on Showtime Too every single night.  I need therapy. 
I'm supposed to now award 7 bloggers who I think are also "stylish" but I think you all are! 
Have a wonderful weekend!  xoxo

{First image via; Bow image via; Last image scanned from archives - old kate spade postcard}