Random Weekend Thoughts

The summer may be over but we're still breaking all the rules.  Stella asked for heart-shaped pancakes for dinner and I said OK.  Why not?


I'd love to say that Stella eats what we eat but that is not reality.  I have a serious picky eater and I'm happy if she just eats.  So while she had pancakes, we made this delicious and easy sweet bison chili in the crockpot.  This recipe is a keeper!  If you're not so keen on the sweet part, just omit the honey (we added less than what was called for).  So happy I forgot Fritos since I'm laying low on carbs right now.  I would not have been able to resist them.  I highly recommend the guac, though! 


After dinner, I lit some candles
(just bought this big hurricane lantern at Pierre Deux's final days sale),


 grabbed a magazine that made me giddy for fall,


and watched The Emmy's.  Thrilled that Mildred Pierce was nominated so much and that Kate Winslet won for her role - it was such a great movie!