New York Tribute / Sept 2

It seems the longer you live in New York, the more you love a city that has vanished. For those of us well versed in the art of loving what is lost, it’s an easy leap to missing something that was never really there. - Jeremiah Moss 

{via}

Jeremiah is the author of the blog, Vanishing New York, and wrote this interesting piece for the New York Times about Edward Hopper's "Nighthawks" painting.  I can absolutely connect with this...when I lived in New York, I was always looking for and intrigued by the New York I thought was real...Holly Golightly's apartment in Breakfast at Tiffany's, the dance school in the movie, Fame, or the hotel where Holden Caufield stayed.  I think for most of us who moved to the city in our 20's, we were chasing a dream of a New York we had conjured up in our minds.  And while it may not have turned out to be what we had read about or seen in movies and art...well, I think it was even better.