Sunday Supper

{via}
I would love to entertain more but I look around my house and all I see are chairs that need to be reupholstered, walls that need to painted, etc.  But Jeff brought home a pot roast and I decided at the last minute to invite my sister and friend over for dinner.  If I waited until my house was perfectly decorated, I'd be 92.  And I love the idea of always making a big dinner on Sunday evenings. I'd like to make it a tradition for Stella to enjoy.
Preparing for a dinner is almost as much fun as the dinner itself.  I also love to unearth vases and serving pieces I forgot I owned.  I set out these little darling ashtrays in the shape of a heart, spade, club, and diamond...
And I got to use my new spongeware bowl again...
(table setting in progress)
I set out smoked Gouda pimento cheese with Rosemary Raisin Pecan Raincoast Crisps.  It's a wonderful sweet and smokey combination.  Both items I found at Whole Foods and I can't recommend this enough for your next gathering.

I made mashed potatoes, gravy, and roasted carrots to go with the pot roast.  For dessert, I made a key lime pie and paired it with a scoop of raspberry sorbet (but remind me to try this flavor next time I get sorbet...yum!).  It was a great feeling to not care that my kitchen needs to be completely renovated or that I haven't found the perfect mirror for the fireplace.  We had a good time and I can't wait to do it again!