Random Weekend Thoughts

We had a pretty non-eventful, relaxing weekend, with the biggest outing being Stella's first birthday party for a fellow classmate.  I had so much fun shopping for a boy.   
We continue to enjoy lots of veggies from our garden. 
I think my favorite so far has been the eggplant, which we made Eggplant Parmesan from.  Tonight we made stuffed jalapenos, grilled squash, and not-so-deep-fat-fried okra, all from our garden.  I love fried okra so this healthier version from our Edible Dallas/Ft.Worth publication was interesting and I think I'll try it again.

Not-So-Deep-Fat-Fried Okra

1 lb okra
1 cup cornmeal (we used Panko since that's what we had on hand)
1 tsp salt
Olive Oil spray

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray a baking dish with olive oil spray.  Wash and cut okra into 1/2" pieces.  

Mix salt with the cornmeal and place into a gallon sized sealable bag.  Add okra and shake until the cornmeal has coated all of the okra.  Place okra on oiled baking dish and then spray lightly with olive oil.  Bake for 20 minutes, turning once after 10 minutes.