Loving

{via}

A few things I'm really loving right now...

1.  Basil pesto from Out To Lunch, the private label for Whole Foods.  I put it on chicken, fish, pasta, sandwiches, etc.  My favorite thing to eat for breakfast when in a hurry...I crack two eggs in an extra large coffee mug, microwave them for a minute or longer, top it with a little bit of Parmesan cheese and dollop of this pesto.  It's so good. 
2.  Bon Appétite magazine with Adam Rapoport at the helm.  While I've let some subscriptions lapse, this is one I'm going to start taking in.  Maybe I'll learn more things to do with my pesto obsession.   
3.  Gingham.  I know - we all love it.  But here's the thing...I used to not.  I actually used to not like gingham.  But now I can't get enough of it.  I realize it's everywhere this summer but I'm going to continue loving it well into the winter under colorful cableknit sweaters.  Winter gingham.   
4.  Carnations.  I once told somebody that I was going to single-handedly bring back carnations and the color peach.  This was a solid 8 or so years ago.  And no sooner than I said it did Carrie on Sex and the City say that carnations were making a comeback when a guy stood at her door holding a bunch of pink ones.  See...look how darling you can make them look...(although, I really prefer white to elevate them).    
5.  Back when it came out, I was intrigued by the description of Gabrielle Hamilton's memoir, Blood, Bones, and Butter.  Gabrielle is the owner of the New York City restaurant, Prune, a major destination for food lovers.  Well, being the non-reader that I am, I put it on my imaginary wish list.  But then I ran into a fellow non-reader friend yesterday who said she's loving it.  So now I can't wait to get my hands on it.  Have you read it?