Labor Day

We spent a very low key Labor Day weekend at home catching up on Top Chef, making Ina's Chicken Salad Veronique, taking multiple trips to the park and taste testing cupcakes for "research".  Oh, we also saw Inception...we never get to the movie theatre anymore so Leonardo DiCaprio the movie was a treat! 
Little hands couldn't wait long enough for me to take the picture.
Notice the vintage jelly jar?  I have been scooping them up every time I see them.  I didn't know what I'd use them for, I just loved them and all their varying designs, especially these with the starbursts. 
When I brought them home, my husband was so happy because he remembered his grandmother serving him orange juice in them when has was young.  So that's how I use them now...perfect for little hands when learning to transiton from the sippy cup.  Here are some available on Etsy.