A Perfectly Kept House

I had the pleasure of meeting Mary Randolph "Carter" at a book signing party for her last book, For the Love of Old.   
She was so gracious and a delight in person.  Once an editor at Mademoiselle and VP of Advertising at Polo Ralph Lauren, Carter has published many books on her love of all things old (take a peek at her old finds in her office, photographed by The Selby) .  So I was excited to read on Style Court that she has a new book coming out next month; A Perfectly Kept House is a Sign of a Misspent Life, which even includes pictures of my old boss, Pamela Bell's home.
How to live creatively with collections, clutter, work, kids, pets, art, etc... and stop worrying about everything being perfectly in its place.  I might need to learn a thing or two from this!  We have new carpet in our living room that got dirty after a lot of guests so my husband surprised me and had it cleaned when I wasn't home.  You would have thought he had given me emerald earrings I was so happy!