Random Weekend Thoughts


"I mean yes, we're sinking. But the music is exceptional."
- Austin Kleon

 

I've never made French toast so when Jeff said he wanted it for breakfast, I decided to give it a whirl for New Years Day. It was the worst meal I've ever made.  I let the bread soak too long and I burnt the sausage - both were overcooked on the outside and undercooked on the inside. I actually cried at the table.  I hope we don't become ill with a combo bout of salmonella/trichinosis.  But doesn't the table look pretty (wink)?   


I think we'll go out for lunch. But for now I'm all cozy on the sofa, candles lit, watching the movie, Never Let Me Go (so depressing but great acting and cinematography). How are you spending your first day of 2012?   

One thing I wanted to share with y'all is my new-found love for Toms shoes.  I didn't love their shoes at first but they grew on me.  A few months ago I went to Nordstrom to buy Stella a pair of red canvas ones but since she was with me, walked out with pink sparkly ones instead. The very first day she wore them, I was disappointed that the material was so thin they wore away at the toes.
Oh, well, I thought.  Until yesterday when I found myself walking through the children's shoe department at Nordstrom again.  Luckily, Stella was wearing her shabby pink Toms because a sales associate stopped me and asked if I had purchased her shoes there.  Toms put out a recall on them since they didn't wear well.  Right then and there we switched out her shoes for the new pink glitter version (below) for free.  Have you ever heard of such? Toms could have easily just handled the disgruntled customers who contacted them - but instead put out a recall offering to replace them for all.  I am SO impressed and will go back to buy Stella and myself the red canvas ones.  I love good customer service but I really love a company that does the right thing when they don't necessarily have to.