In My Basket

On payday, I stock up at Whole Foods like some people buy lottery tickets or hit up the liquor store.  For me, it's a religious experience.  I find my calm in there, unlike Central Market, our chaotic labyrinth of a specialty grocery store.  Here in Dallas you're one or the other.  I'm Team Whole Foods.  And while in line, I like to peek into other's baskets to see what I'm missing out on.  Do you do that?  Here's a peek into my basket...

After a few years of washing Stella's hair with California Baby, Jeff could not take the smell anymore and asked me to find her another kind.  I had grown accustomed to it and even kind of liked it.  I stood in the aisle and opened each bottle, thinking, hmmmm...these all smell the same.  Until I found Nature's Gate.  The scent is light and heavenly and better yet, it lathers up unlike other natural shampoos.    

 
Next up, coconut oil.  A perfect item for these wintry months.  Here is a list of benefits, but I mainly use it as a moisturizer/lotion/fly-away hair smoother.  And it does not leave you feeling greasy.  Just soft.  Like butta. 


For random or mysterious red spots, bumps, and blemishes (even ringworm), tea tree oil is a miracle in a bottle.  I've used it on myself, Stella, and Jeff and everything I've put it on clears up super duper fast.  Remember how the dad sprayed everything with Windex in My Big Fat Greek Wedding?  That's how I feel about tea tree oil.  I've had my tiny bottle forever so I can't recall the brand, but it looks similar to this below.    


Now on to something delicious.  I tried the cappuccino flavor of this protein drink and it is really good with no weird after taste.  It's filling so you can't really drink it all in one sitting (or maybe you can).  Out of curiosity, I dug out my old Weight Watchers book to see how bad this ranked in points value (old points system, not new one).  For the entire box, it's 5 points - so 2.5 for half.  If you have a sweet tooth, it hits the spot. 


I've saved the best for last.  I'm positively hooked on this stuff.  Jalapeno Cilantro Pesto.  Whole Foods makes it and you can find it alongside their regular basil pesto in the little clear containers.  Yes, it's delish on eggs, in otherwise bland quinoa dishes, chicken, flank steak, pasta, etc. but if you mix it with Hellman's and lime juice, you will have THE BEST sauce to put on fish or shrimp tacos.  I will never not have this in my fridge.