Stormy Weather

Have you heard about the women in Joplin who never took tornado warnings seriously?  But this time she "had a feeling" - probably because she was now the mother of a 22 month old baby.  So she wrapped her baby around the toilet, wrapped herself around the baby and toilet, and her husband followed suit.  And then just as they were pulling a blanket over them, they saw the sky as the roof was ripped off.  They survived. 

Tonight, as three back to back tornadic storms passed through Dallas, all I could think of were the stories out of Joplin and Birmingham.  I've experienced a small tornado touching down around my house before when I was home alone.  And when I was pregnant, I found myself racing for the bathtub three different times.  But tonight was different.  I had a little one to protect.  I suddenly wished she could still fit into her Baby Bjorn so that she couldn't slip out of my arms.  And yet, between shaking, heart pounding, wanting to throw up, wondering if the hail I was hearing was really bricks being ripped from the house, I found the need to floss my teeth and straighten things up.  I actually cleaned for the arrival of a tornado! 

The storms have passed, my nerves are back in check, and my teeth and house have never been so clean!  Before the storms came, we took some pictures of the mammatus clouds in the sky.  And then Stella tried directing them out of Dallas.
Hope everyone is safe and sound!