Random Weekend Thoughts

It has been a wonderful, long holiday weekend.  Did you take a trip or stay home?  We relished in not having too many plans.  We put our American flag out, tried a new recipe, a new restaurant, met new friends, enjoyed a big family dinner, and ate too many whoopie pies. 

Stella woke up Sunday morning after falling asleep in her clothes coming home from a BBQ.  Wasn't that the best as a kid?  I'd pretend to be asleep in the car so my dad would carry me into the house.  I'm sure he was on to me. 
We had brunch at Oddfellows.  This is a great place to bring little ones.
She loved the doggie door handle.
The fried green tomato, bacon, and avocado sandwich is my new fav.
Stella loved the "beign-yeas" (you have to yell the yea part).
And wear white because beignets are messy!
They have an old yellow piano out front.
I got this cute blue and white tray from Target.
It didn't take long for Stella to find the tray and fill it with her little bunnies.
Speaking of trays, I just ordered this lucite one
from Iomoi for my cousin.
I had to take a peek in the box before I mailed it off.
If it wasn't personalized, I'd keep it for myself!
Oh, and the whoopie pies?  It's not the only thing I was bad about.
This is my aunt's infamous Pinwheel Cake.  Isn't it so pretty?
I have a feeling it's going to be a challenge waking up for
school and work tomorrow.
So looking forward to this new show starting, though.