Tying One On

When I lived in NY throughout my entire 20's, I lived above the infamous bar, Dorrian's.  The preppy watering hole was known for...you got it...The Preppy Murder.  It was also the hang-out for Yankees players and SNL actors.  Membership had its privileges...I had a collection of their pint glasses, could get in through the side door, and if the jukebox didn't play my song while there, no worries...I could still hear it even when I went upstairs.  The Dorrian family owned the 4 story building and at one time or another, we were all crushing on the Dorrian boys.  This was our second home.  This was our Cheers.  Nothing really ever changes there and I like knowing that. 
Last November, they celebrated their 50 year anniversary.  And to commemorate the event, Vineyard Vines produced ties with their "red hand" logo on them.  If you happen to know all too well about late nights at D's and would like a tie, you'll have to venture to 84th & 2nd in Manhattan to buy one.  There are still some left.  

{Photos taken by my old neighbor, Kerry Cheeseboro & via}