Long Way Home

I'll be hitting the road for my 20th reunion.  I am experiencing a mix of emotions and I suppose it doesn't help that I've been playing songs such as Supertramp's Take The Long Way Home. 
I've received two bits of great advice lately that have helped.  One was when I complained that I wished I had lost more weight before the big event.  My friend, Lindsi, responded, " Shoulda woulda coulda... You just rock your fabulousness and have a blast!"  Loved it!     

Then I was boo-hooing to my mom about how overwhelmed I am by my To Do list between the reunion, Passover, Easter, Stella's birthday, my husband's birthday, a cousin's college graduation, and Mother's Day all taking place back-to-back.  I'm going to pencil into my schedule a good cry a la Holly Hunter in Broadcast News.  My mom told me to take a deep breath and only focus and tackle one event at a time.  Good advice, as I had just returned from the store where I had raced out to get Easter basket goodies so I didn't have to rush when we returned from our trip.  It might sound like simple advice but words of wisdom I needed to hear!  Needless to say, I can't wait to kick up my heels!  But maybe not quite like this...I'd win Most In Need Of Help if we had a Superlatives Award at the reunion.  Laissez les bons temps rouler!