Ladybugs

Did you know that a ladybug won't fly if the temperature is under 55 degrees Fahrenheit?  Or that her spots fade as she ages?  I always thought that the number of spots indicated the age of a ladybug, but this is not true, rather it's an indication of their species.  She'll also bite you if you squeeze her, but the bite won't hurt.  Can you tell I'm itching for spring?  In actuality, Feb 27th would have been my grandfather's 82nd birthday and for some reason I always think of him when I see a ladybug.  I found out I was pregnant with Stella just days after he passed away and it was the best illustration of the circle of life.  I just know he'd get a kick out of my little ladybug had he met her.     
In other buggie news, I discovered Babybug, a magazine for little ones.  Makes me think of the days I'd race home to find a fresh copy of Seventeen waiting for me in my room.  I'm sorry I missed the boat on these (recommended for 6mo - 2y) because if Stella isn't engrossed in a book, she's flipping through the pages of a Pottery Barn Kids catalogue as though she's seriously contemplating redecorating her room.  This would make for a very thoughtful gift. 


{Image via}