A Reason To Have A Party

Stella's 3rd birthday is around the corner and I have to admit that I was not excited to plan it.  I think I've become so overwhelmed with seeing pictures on blogs of perfectly executed parties complete with buffets fit for weddings and professional letter pressed signs, tags, etc. that I just simply shut down.  I miss the simplicity of little one's parties where the cake was homemade and not covered in fondant characters.  Don't get me wrong...I've been scouring party blogs for some inspiration and I will get something personalized so it's not completely lack luster.  But I'm not going overboard.  And I am so relieved I've let myself off the hook.  Always one to shy away from "themes", I'm going to let pinwheels take center stage...something so simple and reminiscent of childhood.  Would love to hear your thoughts on children's birthday parties.  Do you have anxiety over them?