Long Hair Story Short

It all started with the best of intentions. I cancelled Stella's much-needed appointment to get her hair cut for a multitude of reasons and thought it could be done at home. Long story short, it resulted in an emergency trip to Super Cuts, the closest place that would be open 15 minutes to closing time on a Sunday evening. I had envisioned an adorable, flippy, shoulder-length bob, however, the correction called for a much shorter style, especially in the back. Stella cried hard all the way there. But then she sat quietly in the chair, with a little peanut face that said "I'm traumatized but I'm going to get through this". At first I liked it. But it was shockingly different and I couldn't get that brave little face out of my mind...so the guilt set in. But now I love it! It's sassy and it suits her and hey, we all know it grows back. She did say that the girls in her class laughed and said they didn't like it, which made her "nervous and jealous" (clearly not knowing the correct meaning of those words yet). Thankfully, teachers and parents raved about it, which made her feel better and confident. After school, we went to Target and she picked out a cute new hair accessory and before the night was over, she told me she loved it.

So here are pictures from how our Sunday started, playing in the yard, pre-cut. And then some post-cut shots...