Rant On The Evolution Of A Brand's Image

I've been holding back but no longer can.  It's sad, sad, sad for me to see the evolution of a brand that I hold so dear to my heart.  I'm talking about none other than kate spade, a company where I spent over 6 wonderful years in the early days.  You'll see below some of my favorite ads or images from look-books that are so perfect in their simplicity.  And then you'll see what I'm talking about...how ads now are like the animated version of kate spade with no soul. 

I loved the edge the company used to have and it almost felt like a secret - while the rest of the world thought it was nothing more than herringbone bags & ruby red velvet ballet flats, those behind the scenes and in-the-know knew otherwise.  It was a little British with a splash of Japanese and a dash of The Ice Storm and a very late night at The Chelsea Hotel.  A friend and former co-worker said he felt like there used to be quirkiness, but also mystery and some darkness...now it's just in your face color and pop, a piece of strawberry flavored bubble-gum.  Take a peek and see what I mean:
THE EARLY YEARS
THE NEW DIRECTION

What do you think?  Do you like the old or new kate spade?  And p.s. the recent Carolina Herrera ads have been reminding me a little of older kate spade ads.