Hippity Hoppity...

Last week I became that mom who misread the time on a birthday invitation, raced over there in the hopes that Stella would have at least 10 minutes to say Happy Birthday and give her classmate her gift, and while in the car, realized I had two skirts on!  It was time for a breather.  So I took a day off and enjoyed a long three day weekend, got a lot done, and started my Easter preparations so I don't have a manic repeat.  Michael's and The Dollar Store have been great stores to hit up.  I picked up these cartons and felt stickers at Michael's to put grass and chocolate eggs and bunnies in for each place setting...


I also set the table for Sunday's lunch, put together Stella's basket, and filled the plastic eggs that we'll put out for her hunt so I'm already feeling stress-free.  I'm rarely this ahead of the game and it feels good!  If you haven't already gathered items for your little one's baskets, I found great things at World Market.  I wanted to get a few large items to fill her basket because I just can't stand tiny little things in the house anymore.  They've overtaken my life.  Moms, you know what I mean. 

A friend of mine from high school has an annual egg hunt, and here are some snapshots from that.  Stella woke up and immediately wanted to get ready for it...



I'll end on a very sweet note.  Tessa from Nine and Sixteen once recommended this brownie recipe, which I made last night.  I've never been a big brownie fan, I suppose because I've had one too many dry ones, but figured I'd try to make them for my husband who normally does not have a sweet tooth but told me he likes brownies.  WOW.  These are perfect!  Even a day after, they are a little chewy on the outside and perfectly moist on the inside.  I highly recommend them.  And they are really easy to make. 

Today, Tessa has a recipe for these darling sugar cookies and an icing tutorial link on her blog.  Don't you want her to be your mommy?  I do!