Random Weekend Thoughts

I'm up in the middle of the night watching The Next Iron Chef challenge, which makes me hungry, trying not to sneak into the kitchen for leftovers of the best appetizer I've ever made...Ina Garten's Soppressata and Gruyere Cheese in a Puff Pastry.  I was one of three houses that hosted a progressive neighborhood party this weekend and this was so easy and beyond delish! 

I also went to my mom's to celebrate my aunt and uncle's birthday.  Thought I'd share some pictures of her tree with you because she has another great alternative to a tree skirt.  She wraps around the base what appears to be snow.  She gets this filling/cotton candy type material at Joanne's, first layering the non-shimmery kind, and then tops it off with the shimmery kind.  You know how you look below your tree and it's kind of dark down there?  The lights bounce off the "snow" and illuminates, showing off your presents. 
For years now, she's surrounded the base with baskets,
and here they are waiting to be filled with gifts.  Or little girls.
It was nice to wind the whirlwind weekend down
with a birthday dinner and watching football.
I better go back to sleep now...have to wake up in 2 hours.
Nite nite.  Or good morning!