Random Weekend Thoughts

After seeing this berry trifle on two different blogs, I had to make it this weekend.  Well, my easier, slightly healthier version.  All I did was buy an angel food cake and broke it up into little pieces, layered that at the bottom of my trifle bowl.  Then I made sugar free vanilla pudding and spread a layer of it on the cake pieces.  I then layered in bananas, strawberries, and blueberries.  The last layer was fat free cool whip.  And then I repeated it all one more time.  No precise measurements...so easy and so good!  I will be making this a few times this summer.
Our garden has been producing a lot all of a sudden.
We learned after the fact when to harvest our squash.  I knew these were too big to eat but I swear they grew this big overnight.  Now I'm anxiously awaiting more so that we can try this recipe from Country Living.  I love finding new ways to enjoy vegetables.  We tend to roast everything.

We got a little sunshine in, too...
I asked Stella, "why is the sky so blue?"
And she said, "because there are no clouds in the sky."
Life is so easy when you're 3.
There is just something about summer where all rules go flying out the window.  Or rather, you allow your little ones to be a bit more free.  Stella and I had just returned from the grocery store and our sprinkler was on.  She looked at me and without an exchange of words, I took her dress off and she ran and played.  It's good to remember what it felt like to be a kid!
{watering our dead ryegrass...waiting for st.augustine to come in}

"The art of mothering is to teach the art of living to children."
- Elaine Heffner


Have a wonderful week!